A few weekends ago Maureen and I spent a Saturday afternoon in Camden, ME, "where the mountains meet the sea." It is apparently a very touristy little town in the summer so we though we should sneak up to see it and have dinner there before it gets too busy. I had been there briefly on a family vacation when I was younger but didn't really remember much about it. (Except upon seeing it again I am pretty sure I remember eating at a restaurant there called Cappy's Chowder House.)
As always one of the best parts was the drive. Driving down the Maine coast is pretty awesome. Between the coast, the rivers, the rocks, the trees, the mountains (Mary, Justin, Tim, and Krista, would call them foothills.) and the cute towns it's prettttty, pretttttty, prettty... pretty good.
Here are a few photos!
 |
| Quaint! Ocean to the right, mountains to the left, and the required white church steeple straight ahead. |
 |
| This is where we ate. Great fish chowder! I love fish chowder! Did I mention how much I love fish chowder? |
 |
| This is a waterfall in town that flows into the ocean. No big deal. |
 |
| The view from our table at the restaurant. |
 |
| Another shot from the restaurant. |
 |
| Me next to a Civil War monument as per usual. |
 |
| There is a village green right on the harbor as well. People behind us were sitting with their dogs and playing frisbee. We were taking pictures of the water. |
 |
Here you can see the waterfall and how it runs under the street. Those building are built on stilts above the river. Pretty neat.
That's it! It was a fun trip and we will definitely have to go back again when the town is in full tourism swing. They have a lobsterfest coming up that sounds like a blast so we will definitely be returning.
|
Pretty sweet! I love little trips like that. The town looks very quaint. And I love that you used the word quaint with an exclamation mark.
ReplyDeleteYes, those are FHs, but you can call them mountains because you live by the sea.
Why do you love old dead white men that fought in wars?
What exactly is in a fish chowder? Lots of little pieces of different fish? If so, sign me up (she said sarcastically).