It's that time of year again...
....I will not go bathing suit shopping until I shed some serious weight. Last summer Will's family did a weight loss challenge - and I lost about 15lbs! I came in second, however, because the results were based on highest percentage of your starting weight lost. I was only .5% away from the winner! I have to admit, a year later, that I really didn't take it as seriously as I should have. I watched what I was eating about 3 days before our weigh ins, and that was it. I should have been watching every day, and exercising too.
This summer it's going to be different!
We started it again, and this time, Will and I are running the show. We have about 9 or so teams (this year you have the option of going it alone, or being in a team), and we're getting started tomorrow with our first weigh in! There's going to be nice chunk of change in it for the winner, so with that, on top of wanting to slim down before fall, I'm all over this! Will and I are a little bummed that we didn't start a week ago, however, because we've already lost about 15 lbs (and I've lost 9 of that!)! It's ok though, because it's just motivating us to lose more!
Anyone else want in? Just let me know today or tomorrow sometime, with tomorrow night being the deadline. $30 per team, $15 per individual.
For a multitude of reasons this time of year and I haven't always gotten along...This summer is going to change that though...Here's to a happy, healthy, and ocean filled (for Will and I, and for those who visit...) summer!
<3
How is this going, now that you are a few weeks into it??
ReplyDeleteit's going really well! we lost about 20 lbs (including the 2 weeks we started before the actual challenge), but unfortunately gained almost 6 back while we were home....too much eating out. We're back on track tomorrow though, so overall, it's been good.
ReplyDelete