Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011

Oh my gosh.....It's January......Nicely done with the blog updates, right?

Things have been a tad bit busy out east, but that's no excuse. We've had a really great last few months, and it's time for some updates!

To begin, we had a wonderful visit with Will's parents in early November. They came out for about 5 days, and we had a great time. Unfortunately I took absolutely no pictures.......so you're just going to have to take my word for it :). We did lots of fun things, like eat home-made chili, walk around some lighthouses, let Charles sit on a few rocks, go out to eat, and rest and relax doing "Maine things". In fact, living out here is a lot like being Up North..........or so I keep telling them :).

Having Susie and Charlie visit was great, because this year we weren't able to go home for Thanksgiving. Will only had a few days off from work, and it just wasn't worth it to travel.  Luckily for us, my parents decided to come out and spend the holiday with us this year! They stayed for almost 2 weeks, and it was so wonderful having them here. Again, not so great with the camera (just wait until I do my Christmas update....even worse with that one), so I only have a few pictures...but it was a lovely time.

Mom and dad had only been out to visit one other time, when I moved here last August, so we had lots of sightseeing to do.  On the list of activities were things like: getting seafood at our favorite little shack, walking around lighthouses, scavenging for sea glass at Land's End, going to see Breaking Dawn (just momsie and I), making delicious food at home, making a home-made 'Michigan Meets Maine' Thanksgiving dinner, getting sushi and gelato at our favorite places in Brunswick, and just generally exploring the area.


 Bird, Bird, Bird is the word.....

Magical Tarts...Thank you Stacey!!

 Delicious pie as well!!
=
 Probably going to kill me for this particular picture, but it's the only one I have that isn't blurry....So glad Stacey was there though :). 

 Momsie and Dad about to enjoy our steamed lobster dinner! I promise he isn't really flipping off the camera, but is really just trying to hold onto his lobster cracker!
 Poor little friend....he tasted amazing. 


 These last 2 were from a few of the lighthouse excursions! Will likes to take pictures of people taking pictures....


I wish I had taken more pictures, but you get the idea. I hope mom and dad can come back soon! Susie and Charlie too!! We love visits from people back home :). 



No comments:

Post a Comment