Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sadie Visits!!!

Sadie came out to visit us over Labor Day!  We hung out around Portland but the main thing we did was a hike up Borestone Mountain.  Here are the pictures from a great weekend!



The beginning of the hike was just a gradually rising road.   This pic is of Sadie, Maureen, and Emerson.  Emerson is the 5 year old son of one of our friends who came with us.  His little legs did the whole hike and he didn't whine until the very end!  The same could not be said for Maureen.  :)

Maureen and Emerson are pretty tight.  

A glimpse behind me at Maureen and her friend Mary.  We were actually in the area that Mary is from so we crashed at her Mom's house and saw some of where she was from.  Good job Mary!

A glimpse up at Sadie.

The view from the first peak.

We started the climb (after the gravel road part) near the lake that is farthest to the left in this picture.

Peak!

Mary and Sadie on the second peak.

Sadie doing her I just climbed a mountain stance.

Me doing mine.  Not as good as Sadie's.

Friends on a mountain!  

Oh no!  Sadie is totally going to fallllllll!  

Just kidding!

Me, Sadie, a great view.

Checked out Spring Point Lighthouse before heading to the airport. 

A dumb kid got in the way here.  That view is back into Portland Harbor.   This lighthouse is actually in South Portland so it is on the other side of the harbor from where we are.

Last pic of Sadie I took before sending her home!!!
So basically we had a blast and it was great to see my little sis.  I hope she comes back soon.  She took a lot more pictures than I did so if she puts them on facebook I'll steal some and do another post.  

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment